Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Autumn of 2023.
Dr Rachel Schendel received the B.S. degree in Food Science/Nutrition and the M.S. degree in Food Science from the University of Minnesota, USA, in 2010 and 2012, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree in Food Chemistry from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, in 2016. He has been an assistant professor in the Department of Animal and Food Sciences at the University of Kentucky since 2017.
Lab Website: https://rslabuky.netlify.app/
- Interface of food science and nutrition. This includes, but is not limited to, structural identification and characterisation of polysaccharides, relationships between plant cell wall structure and function, sustainable agriculture and food system development.
- have GRE scores (no minimum required)/TOEFL 79/IELTS 6.5 (required by the University Graduate School)
- have a GPA of 3.0+ / must have a Master’s degree for PhD application / 1 semester of calculus and physics / 3 semesters of biology / 1 semester of organic chemistry or biochemistry (departmental requirement)
- STEM major with strong analytical chemistry/biochemistry/organic chemistry background preferred
- Experience of HPLC/MS/NMR/XRD and other related separation and structure identification techniques preferred
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to [email protected]