Scholarship: 240,000-320,000 RMB
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open until filled.
Dr. Shaodong Zhang, male, joined the School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering of Shanghai Jiao Tong University in July 2017 and received support from the National High-Level Overseas Talent Program Youth Program in 2017. Dr. Shaodong Zhang graduated from Zhengzhou University in 2006 and studied in France in September of the same year; he studied for his PhD in polymer chemistry and physics at the University of Paris VI from September 2009 to the end of 2012 under the supervision of Prof. Alain Fradet, member of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC). In February 2013, he joined Prof. Virgil Percec’s group at the University of Pennsylvania, USA for a two-year post-doctoral research period, and in May 2015, he joined Prof. Molly Stevens’ group at Imperial College, UK as a Marie Curie Fellow. Dr. Zhang has published 30 papers in leading international journals including Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., ACS Cent. Sci., ACS Nano, Chem. Sci. He has also received a number of awards including the Marie Curie Scholarship, the Chinese National Award for Outstanding Privately Financed Students and the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research Scholarship.
Specific directions include
- construction of molecular cages with special topologies
- development of new cage-lock construction strategies and study of their non-linear chiral amplification mechanisms
- construction of new supramolecular structures through multi-stage self-assembly of molecular cages and cage locks
- exploration of special properties and applications of molecular cages and cage locks, including polarity effects, luminescence enhancement, proton conduction and water structures in confined spaces
- a solid background in organic synthesis skills or supramolecular synthesis.
- a background in metal-organic coordination structures, characterisation of organic cages is desirable, but not essential.
- first-author publications in English and the ability to carry out independent scientific work.
If interested, please apply via thezhanggroup.sjtu.edu.cn, email [email protected]