Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The Department of Neurological Surgery at Northwestern University is seeking an outstanding Postdoctoral Fellow for expansion of fundamental aspects of glioblastoma immunology, immunometabolism and translational research in the field of brain tumors immunotherapies. This position offers an opportunity to work in the NIH-funded lab of Dr. Jason Miska.
The Miska lab has a strong emphasis on dissecting the metabolic processes of immune cells in brain tumors. Our lab also works on clinical immune monitoring for several ongoing clinical trials at Northwestern University and Lurie Children’s Hospital. We regularly utilize patient tumor specimens and clinical data, well established mouse glioma models, next-generation sequencing data (sc RNA-seq) and cutting-edge techniques in the field of immunometabolism. The Department of Neurological Surgery offers a nurturing environment for career development, a stimulating community of several brain tumor research labs, weekly conferences, and seminars of interest.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be expected to build a publication record including submissions to leading cancer biology journals; supervise rotating undergraduate, graduate, and medical students; apply for internal and/or extramural funding; and attend national meetings that will help to build an international reputation.
- Immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, cancer biology
- Experience working with small animal models and mammalian cell culture
- Expertise in immunology-related basic techniques such as flow cytometry • Ability to design and conduct experiments
- Collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present research at meetings and write scientific manuscripts in fluent English
- Interested applicants must send a current curriculum vitae, a cover letter containing a short summary of research experience and aspirations, and names and contact information for at least three professional references to Jason Miska ([email protected]).