Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The Kellogg Lab (https://www.kellogglab.org/) is an interdisciplinary research group at Cornell University focused on understanding the mechanisms of transposon regulation using a combination of approaches including: structure (cryo-EM), computation, biochemistry, genetics, and protein design. We have used these approaches to understand the mechanisms governing CRISPR-associated transposons and other CRISPR and transposon systems. The Kellogg lab has led the field in understanding these transposons, with recent publications in Science (2021), PNAS (2022), and Nature (2023). We are seeking 1-2 postdoctoral researchers to join a creative and hardworking team in a collaborative environment to extend these research directions. Postdoctoral researchers will work on characterising the mechanisms of novel systems or extending current methods by developing cryo-EM methods or computational protein design.
Cornell University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
- Quantitative science (preferably biophysics, biochemistry, structural biology, computational biology, or computer science) .
- Expertise in cryo-EM or bioinformatics/genomics is highly valued.
- Expertise in machine learning (Pytorch) is very highly valued.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must.
Please send the following toElizabeth Kellogg: [email protected]
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for three references