Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Fall 2023
The College of Engineering at Michigan Technological University is actively expanding the research and programs in the area of robotics. Dr. Tan Chen’s research group (https://www.mtu.edu/ece/department/faculty/chen-t/) focuses on developing robust and safe controllers for legged robots and modeling complex dynamic systems by using nonlinear geometric methods, optimization, and machine learning. We have onefully funded PhD opening, which provides competitive graduate assistantship to cover full tuition and fees, health insurance, and a stipend for living expenses.
Founded in 1885, Michigan Tech is ranked the 3rd best university in Michigan (behind the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor and Michigan State University) by US News and World Reports. Michigan Tech is well known for its engineering programmes. The College of Engineering is ranked among the top 100 graduate engineering schools in the US News & World Reports “Best Graduate School” rankings. It is rated as one of the safest college campuses in the country.
- Electrical, mechanical, computer engineering
- -Experience with MATLAB, Python, C++ (preferred), Solidworks (preferred), etc.
- -Good written and verbal communication skills.
- -Motivated to learn new skills and explore new areas.
- -Master’s degree in electrical, mechanical, computer or related engineering preferred but not required.
- -Hands-on experience in robotics is highly valued.
Please send your CV, transcripts and TOEFL/IELTS scores (international students only) to Dr Chen at [email protected]. Please include “PhD Application” in the subject of the email.