Degree: Ph.D. and/or M.D.
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The team of Xuran Wang, PhD, at the Seaver Autism Center for Research and Treatment in the Department of Psychiatry at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, is seeking an ambitious, creative, and motivated postdoctoral fellow with expertise in biostatistics/bioinformatics to study the single-cell transcriptomics and multi-omics data with a focus on method development for neuropsychiatric diseases, such as autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Dr. Wang’s research interests sit at the intersection of statistical genomics, computational biology, and neuroscience. She was trained as a statistician and mathematician before diving into the genetics and genomics world. Wang’s lab is interested in statistical genetics and genomics, omics, multi-omics integration, gene regulatory networks, and spatial transcriptomics. We develop and apply advanced statistical, computational, and machine-learning methods to analyze genomic, transcriptomic, and phenotypic data. Currently, Dr. Wang’s lab focused on method development for single-cell CRISPR data and spatial transcriptomics data.
To learn more about our scientific interests and publicationrecords, please visit the website: https://xuranw.github.io/.
- Genetics, genomics, and psychiatric disorders data.
- PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics or equivalent quantitative field.
- Demonstrated expertise in programming, with fluency of R, Python, or equivalent.
- Strong record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Great Communication skills.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Please send a cover letter detailing your research interests, CV, and three references (include contact information) to Dr. Wang at [email protected]