Scholarship: Full benefits
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The Zhao Lab focuses on developing immunoengineering, cellular engineering, and drug delivery technologies for precision diagnosis and therapy of various diseases including cancer, infectious diseases, inflammation, drug addictions, and autoimmune diseases. Current projects in the Zhao Lab exploit genetic engineering, synthetic biology, immunology, biomaterials, and nanomedicine approaches to create translatable nanotherapeutics, cell therapies and immunotherapeutics. The PI’s work was published in journals including Cell, Nature Biomedical Engineering, Science Advances, PNAS, Advanced Materials, Biomaterials, Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews et al. More information about the Zhao Lab can be found at https://www.zongminzhao.com/.
The College of Pharmacy at UIC has been ranked Top-10 in the US by US News & World Report with a strong collaborative and innovative research community. The university is located in Chicago, home to a wide range of technology, science, and health-related companies. The Chicago area offers unique opportunities for collaboration and career development with both academia and industry.
- Immunology, Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related discipline by the time of appointment.
- Expertise in two or more of the following areas: Viral or non-viral vector-based genetic engineering, gene editing, immunoengineering, cell therapy, biomaterials, microfluidics, computational Modeling, cancer research, animal models, drug delivery, and nanomedicine. Preference will be given to candidates who have background or trainings in immunology, cell biology, or molecular biology.
- Additional expertise inin vivo experiments, mammalian cell culture, PCR, western blotting, flow cytometry, and molecular biology techniques will be preferable.
- Strong track record of publications in high-impact journals.
- Self-motivated and well organized. Strong oral and written communication skills. Be able to conduct research independently and to work collaboratively with others in the lab.
- Postdoctoral candidates should send a CV, a cover letter describing their research background and interest, and the name and contact information of three references to Dr. Zhao ([email protected]).