Scholarship: HKD $18,000/month (MPhil, PhD).
Degree: BS, MS
Nationality: International Students
Location: Hong Kong
Application deadlines: Open
(1) Develop new optogenetic gene therapy techniques for biomedical applications in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, cancer and other diseases; Direction (2) Design and optimise light-controlled protein interactions using protein engineering and molecular cloning techniques to develop better optogenetic tools; Direction (3) Design new light-controlled tools for precise regulation of organelle dynamics and interactions. Group home page: ltduan.com
Synthetic Biology / Optogenetics / Biochemistry
- We expect the candidates to be motivated and productive. The positions will require background on
- Bachelor’s degree from a major national university with excellent academic performance, preferably with research experience. Applicants holding a Master’s degree must have graduated from a reputable institution and have at least one one-authored paper published in English during their Master’s degree.
- 18,000 HKD/month (MPhil, PhD). We will support particularly outstanding applicants to apply for the Hong Kong Government Scholarship (HKPFS) at HK$25,800/month and HK$12,900/year for travel expenses.
- IELTS 6.5 and above or TOEFL 79 and above.
Please contact Professor Duan by email ([email protected]) and attach an English CV (including full educational background, work experience, publications, etc.) and research interests. Suitable applicants will be invited to interview.