Scholarship: Fully funded
Degree: BS, MS
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Fall 2023
We are excited to announce that Dr. Yichen Zhang’s research group at the University of Texas at Arlington is offering fully funded PhD positions for Fall 2023 admission. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to work in one of the following areas: Power system dynamics, stability, and control with inverter-based resources, synergy between machine learning and control theory to analyze nonlinear system analysis, and power grid resilience and restoration using learning-assisted decision-making.
UTA is a top-tier research university with a strong electrical engineering department and world-renowned scholars in the field of electric energy and automatic control. The Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex is the economic and cultural hub of North Texas and home to 23 Fortune 500 companies.
For more details about our lab, please visit https://pscreenlab.uta.edu/.
- Power system dynamics, stability, and control with inverter-based resources
- Synergy between machine learning and control theory to analyze nonlinear system analysis
- Power grid resilience and restoration using learning-assisted decision-making
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or other relevant fields, upon admission.
- A relevant background in electric power system, or system and control/optimization/machine learning with application in electrical engineering
- Holding a master’s degree in electrical engineering upon admission
- Experience with one or more of the following: MATLAB, SIMULINK, RTDS, PSS/E, DSATOOL, OpenDSS, Python, C/C++, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, TI DSP
- Experience in writing scientific research articles
- If you are interested in joining Zhang’s group, please direct your inquiry to [email protected] with your CV, transcript, language, GRE, and research articles (if applicable). For more information, please visit https://pscreenlab.uta.edu/