Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: September 2023
We have an opening for aPostdoctoral Researcher in metal additive manufacturing (AM) with emphasis on the development and understanding of Nickel-based superalloy design for high temperature and high corrosive environment, and high entropy alloy (HEA) for radiation and salt corrosion protection. The successful candidate will carry out AM experiments, characterize printed samples using advanced electron microscopy techniques, perform data analysis, and develop numerical models to predict the microstructure evolution. Experience with the use of Selective Laser Melting (SLM) machines and advanced electron microscopy techniques are highly desired along with a demonstrated publication record in the area of metal AM and AM process modeling.
The project team is multidisciplinary and distributed across academia and national laboratories;
- Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a closely related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong record of publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences
- Ability to address complex problems creatively, and to work effectively both independently and in collaboration with other researchers.
- Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, CV/resume with publication list, a short personal research statement (< 3 pages), and a list of three references to Prof. Ben Xu ([email protected]).