Degree: BS, MS, PhD
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
My lab at the Department of Neurology of Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is recruiting talented candidates in various career stages (lab webpage: https://www.fengtianlab.com/).Harvard Medical School’s core mission to alleviate human suffering by nurturing a diverse group of leaders and future leaders in both clinical care and biomedical inquiry. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), a part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, is a world-class teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. The Department of Neurology is proud to be at the forefront of this revolution. We have distinguished brain research laboratories and clinical research programs in each of the major areas of neurology. We treat both common conditions and complex diseases with up-to-date therapies and technological procedures. The lab is focusing on combining multiple genetic tools (such as CRISPR tools and AAV vectors) and bioinformatic methods (including machine learning algorithms for drug candidate identification) to (1) molecularly and computationally dissect the epigenomic programs determining cell death/survival in neurodegenerative diseases (glaucoma and ALS); and (2) develop novel therapeutics that protect and regenerate the nervous system in disease conditions. The lab is very well funded, including the NIH K99/R00 award. The lab will support working visa or immigration petition for competent candidates who we have received our offer.
- (1) Postdoc research fellow (PhD or MD required), experimental (wet lab) or/and computational (dry lab, bioinformatic analysis);
- (2) Research assistant/technician;
- (3) Internship or visiting student/scholar;
- (4) Computational biologist/software engineer/data scientist.
Harvard Medical School and BIDMC is committed to the diversity, equity and inclusion that nurtures the culture of belonging for all members of the community. Applications from underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.
Research experience in spatial omics or single cell analysis is required.
- Please submit an inquiry at my lab’s webpage(https://www.fengtianlab.com/blank-3) or emailing [email protected] by providing at least: (1) cover letter or cover message; (2) CV; (3) your contact information. Candidates will be contacted if selected for further interviews.