Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Dr Huiliang Zhang’s laboratory has vacancies for postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, visiting scholars, and technicians. The Zhang laboratory is a multidisciplinary team at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS). Dr Zhang’s research is primarily aimed at understanding the mechanisms and treatment of mitochondrial dysfunction and related diseases.
We are looking for highly motivated researchers with experience in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Physiology. Experience in one of the following specialized techniques would be advantageous: CRISPR, stem cell biology, vector construction, mitochondrial biology, Ca2+ signalling, multi-omics (proteomics, metabolomics, genomics), cardiac disease model, confocal imaging, and imaging processing.
- Changes in the pulmonary vascular microenvironment during disease and development and their impact on cell morphology and function.
- the remodelling of the pulmonary vascular microenvironment in vitro using whole organ tissue engineering and iPSC technology, and the construction of pulmonary vascular disease models for in vitro drug screening.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Postdoc fellows:
- Self-motivated and hard-working.
- Ability for independence and critical thinking.
- Evidence of prior research productivity.
The postdoctoral salary and benefits adhere to the NIH guidelines, while visiting scholars and technician salaries and benefits are in line with government guidelines. Furthermore, we will cover graduate student tuition and provide additional stipends. To apply, please email [email protected].