Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMMS) is currently recruiting a postdoctoral fellow to join the Yuan Laboratory, where Dr Yifan Yuan is currently a tenure-track Assistant Professor at UMMS. The lab focuses on lung and vascular regeneration and engineering from the perspectives of molecular biology, bioengineering and systems biology. Currently, the main research tools include whole organ decellularisation/recellularisation, in vitro organ culture, single cell sequencing, 3D bioreactors, stem cell culture, hydrogels and biomaterials.
The University of Maryland, known as the University of Maryland, College Park (University of Maryland, College Park), founded in 1856, is located in Maryland, USA, and is known as the “Public Ivy”. It is ranked 55th in the 2023 U.S. News America’s Best Colleges and 57th in the 2023 U.S. News World University Rankings, with the College of Engineering ranked 19th.The University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM) is located in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. It is part of the University of Maryland Medical Centre and the University of Maryland Medical System. Founded in 1807 as the Medical College of Maryland, it was the first public medical school in the United States and the fifth oldest medical school in the country. It is ranked 29th in the 2023 U.S. News America’s Best Medical Schools for Research.
- Changes in the pulmonary vascular microenvironment during disease and development and their impact on cell morphology and function.
- the remodelling of the pulmonary vascular microenvironment in vitro using whole organ tissue engineering and iPSC technology, and the construction of pulmonary vascular disease models for in vitro drug screening.
- PhD in bioengineering, molecular biology or related disciplines.
- Strong interest in the research direction of the group, experience in stem cell culture, 3D in vitro culture, tissue engineering or animal experiments is preferred.
- Ability to carry out research independently, diligent and pragmatic, with teamwork and exploratory spirit, and some management and coordination skills.
Interested students are welcome to contact us for details by sending their CV and covering letter to [email protected].