Nationality: International Students
Location: Guangzhou, China
Application deadlines: Open
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a leading international university ranked 1st by Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020 and 27th by QS World University Rankings 2021. HKUST establishes a new campus in Guangzhou, China (hkust-gz.edu.cn). The Guangzhou campus synergizes with and maintains the same academic standard as the Clear Water Bay campus. Microelectronics Thrust is an academic department in the Guangzhou campus and focuses on integrating novel electronic and photonic devices into circuits, architecting information systems, and automating their designs and optimizations.
- electronic design automation; photonic design automation;
- processor, memory, and storage system architecture;
- reconfigurable architecture;
- interconnection network;
- multiprocessor system;
- neural computing;
- approximate computing;
- quantum computing;
- hardware-software codesign;
- compilation techniques;
- operating system; system software;
- power management;
- thermal management;
- embedded system;
- integrated photonic circuit;
- RF/mm-Wave/terahertz technology;
- modeling and simulation technology;
- emerging technology.
English is the instruction and administration medium at the Guangzhou campus, and a good command of written and spoken English is required.
- (1) Applicants of tenure-track Assistant Professor should demonstrate strong research and teaching potentials;
- (2) Applicants of Associate Professor should have a proven record in research, teaching, student supervision, and funding;
- (3) Applicants of Professor should have world-class academic achievements, international academic leadership, and an established track record in teaching, student supervision and funding.
Application Procedure: Applications should be submitted at https://facrecruit.hkust.edu.hk which will be open until the positions are filled. If there is any question, please contact the Acting Head, Prof. Jiang Xu, at [email protected].