Scholarship: $32,500 per year
Degree: Bachelor, Masters
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Jiao Yan, Associate Professor, Associate Dean, School of Chemical Engineering, University of Adelaide, and Australian Research Council Future Fellow. She has been named one of Australia’s 40 Rising Stars in Research, received the Outstanding Young Scientist Award from the Australian Institute of Policy and Science, and was a finalist for the SA 2021 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award.
Her main research interests are in computational electrocatalysis, where multi-scale simulations incorporating density functional theory and molecular dynamics are used to study the electrocatalytic reactions occurring on different catalyst surfaces and used as a basis to design newer catalysts. These catalysts are mainly used in the field of clean energy conversion and involve reactions such as oxygen reduction, hydrogen precipitation, carbon dioxide reduction, nitrogen reduction and battery materials. The group is exploring ways to combine machine learning and computation of energy-catalyzed materials.
He has published over 100 articles with over 20,000 citations and an h-factor of 61. He has been ranked as a highly cited scholar in chemistry by Coreview for four consecutive years since 2019.
The group has ample computing time and several PhD studentships with full awards (A$32,500 per year) are open.
- Carbon Dioxide Reduction Catalyst Materials
- Electrocatalytic carbon and nitrogen coupling catalyst materials
- Machine learning for the design of new catalyst materials
- Studying the local environment of electrocatalysis using first principles molecular dynamics
- Computational design of novel carbon materials for clean energy conversion (Australian Research Council Research Centre of Excellence project)
- Enjoys scientific research
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials, nanotechnology or other related fields
- Have used computational software
- Have at least one article (please send me the manuscript if you have not yet submitted it)
- English language score: IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in a single category; or TOEFL 79 overall with 21 in writing, 18 in speaking, 13 in listening and reading
Email: [email protected] (please attach your CV and research interests; I will reply to every email and will arrange an online interview for the right person)