Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The Woo Center for Big Data and Precision Health at Duke University is currently seeking an experienced Data Scientist for a postdoc or staff scientist level position to lead efforts on genomic and machine learning research. The position will be under the supervision of Dr. Xiling Shen, the director of the Woo Center and the Hawkins Family Associate Professor in the department of Biomedical Engineering. The Data Scientist will develop and implement bioinformatics and machine learning pipelines for genomic and clinical data, performing the work to meet milestones for funding agencies, and solicit new funding opportunities. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic crew focused on the intersection between big data and precision health, and help move science from the laboratory into clinical practice.
Computational biology or related field
• Experience in genomic bioinformatics analyses (epigenetics and single-cell expertise a plus)
• Knowledge in biostatistical methods.
• Experience in machine learning a plus
• Communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to mentor junior researchers
If you are interested, please click the link to apply. https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/18583