Degree: BS, MS, Ph.D
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Dr Tedrick Lew’s Plant Nanotechnology Group (www.lewlab.org) at the National University of Singapore is looking for 2 postdoctoral fellows and 2-3 PhD students. The research group focuses on the development of plant nanosensors and nanocarriers for the delivery of biomolecules (e.g. Nature Plants 2020, 6, 404-415, and Nature Nanotechnology 2019, 14, 447-455). The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a leading university in Singapore, ranked 11th in the world and 1st in Asia in the 2023 QS World University Rankings.
Dr Tedrick Thomas Salim Lew received his undergraduate degree from Imperial College and his PhD from MIT. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at NUS and a PhD supervisor. He specialises in the development and application of plant nanosensors and nanocarriers. Dr Lew has published in top journals in the field such as Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Plants, Nature Materials, Advanced Materials, Nature Communications, Science Advances and ACS Nano. Dr Lew has also received several major awards, including the MRS Bulletin Postdoc Publication Prize (2021), the NUS Presidential Young Professorship (2022), and the Singapore National Research Foundation Fellowship (2023).
- 1.Designing nanoparticles and electrochemical sensors for plant signaling molecules and extracellular vesicles
- 2.Developing nanocarriers for the delivery of proteins, DNA, and RNA
- 3.Imaging nanoparticles in plant tissues and cells
- 4.Studying the interactions between plants and bacteria using nanoparticles and microfluidics
- 1.A background in materials science, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or related fields
- 2.Experience in nanoparticle, polymer synthesis, or electrochemical sensors
- 3.Experience in biological applications (animal or plant). Preferred but not essential.
- 4.Postdoctoral researchers must have two or more first-author research papers
- 5.Good English communication skills. PhD candidates are required to meet TOEFL/IELTS and GRE requirements for NUS admission.
Interested candidates should send an email (in English) with their CVs, cover letter, and contact information for three referees to Dr. Lew:[email protected] Shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.