Scholarship: Fully funded
Degree: BS, MS, PhD
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Autumn 2023
The School of Computer Science and Technology of Shandong University has been selected as a double-class discipline of Mathematics and Data Science and a discipline of the Summit Program, and has been selected as one of the first national first-class majors. The team includes two IEEE Fellows, two national special professors, three national “Four Youths” talents and four provincial talents in Shandong. It has a platform of Shandong Province Digital Chain Fusion Technology Innovation Centre, pioneered the field of high confidence computing, participated in the strategic planning of the Ministry of Education and the Chinese Academy of Sciences, cooperated deeply with Huawei, HISCO and Longxin Zhongke, and undertook a number of Sino-German and Sino-Israeli international cooperation projects, and the accumulated research funding in the past four years exceeded 90 million. In 2020 and 2021, it won the First Prize of Natural Science of Shandong Province and CCF and the First Prize of Science and Technology Progress of Shandong Province consecutively, and had won the National Science and Technology Progress Award 4 times, and created 2 companies listed on the Science and Technology Innovation Board with a market value of over 10 billion. College homepage: https://www.cs.sdu.edu.cn/.
Dr. Haisen Zhao’s research is based on the Cross-Cutting Research Center of the School of Computer Science and Technology, which is the core team of the emerging cross-discipline “Big Data Processing and Visual Computing” supported by Shandong University in the context of building a “double first-class” discipline and implementing the “Summit Discipline Plan”. The core team of “Data Processing and Visual Computing”, the “Joint Laboratory of Intelligent Supercomputing and Big Data” jointly established with Qingdao Marine Science and Pilot National Laboratory, and the “Qingdao Virtual Reality Research Institute of Shandong University” established with Laoshan District Government of Qingdao. “The team has undertaken a series of major national projects. The team has undertaken a series of national major key projects, including one project under the National 973 Program, one major project under the National High Performance Computing 863 Program, four projects under the National Science and Technology Support Program, four key projects under the National Natural Science Foundation of China, and one key project under the International Cooperation Program, etc. The team has achieved a series of international high-level results and made an important impact internationally, and is one of the top research teams in China. In the field of computer-aided pattern design, the technical level exceeds that of similar foreign products and has won the second prize of the National Science and Technology Progress Award. The achievement of efficient generation, analysis and manufacturing for complex 3D shapes won the first prize of Shandong Province Natural Science Award in 2020. Team homepage: https://irc.cs.sdu.edu.cn/.
- Academic or professional Masters students (Autumn 2023), PhD students (Autumn 2023), Research Postdocs and Undergraduate Research Assistants in Computer Graphics.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computing or a related field, with distinction.
- Post-doctoral degree in a relevant field required.
- A strong programming foundation, ACM/ICP/CCF CSP certification or awards are preferred.
- Some research experience in the direction of computer graphics, with relevant scientific papers preferred.
- Good English reading, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-driven and have a passion for research.
- Please send your CV to Mr. Haisen Zhao at mailto:[email protected]或[email protected] and state your existing research experience and your interest in a graphics-related research topic or direction. The subject line of the email should read: [Target Position (Master/PhD/Postdoc/Assistant/Visiting/etc) Application] Your Name + Institution Name + Qualification (Bachelor/Master/PhD). If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email.