Nationality: International Students
Location: Hong Kong
Application deadlines: Open
Dr Xiaoyang Chen graduated from the Department of Chemistry, Fudan University in 2014. 2014-2018, he conducted his Ph.D. research in the group of Prof. Erik J. Sorensen at Princeton University, USA, focusing on transition metal-catalysed functionalisation of inert hydrocarbon bonds. 2019-present, he is a postdoctoral researcher at Northwestern University, USA, supervised by Professor Sir Fraser Stoddart, 2016 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry. His main postdoctoral research interests are weak bond induced molecular recognition, self-assembly and selective transformation. He has published 28 high-impact papers, including 10 first and corresponding author papers in JACS, Chem, ACIE, etc. He joined the Department of Chemistry of the University of Hong Kong as Assistant Professor in April 2023 and was awarded the HKU-100 (HKU Global Recruitment Programme).
The group aims to create a safe and friendly laboratory atmosphere, while emphasising that members should be proactive in planning and advancing their own projects. The group encourages members to actively participate in national and international scientific conferences as long as they are productive.
The group seeks to recruit people with research aspirations who are practical and willing to work. We look forward to your joining us in a good research atmosphere, first-class research conditions and brand new experimental equipment!
Please check the group’s website for updates (https://aspenchem.com/).
- 1) Development of novel bionic tools for molecular recognition
- 2) Development of novel organic synthesis and supramolecular catalysis systems
1 postdoctoral fellow (starting as early as July 2023)
- 1、Have or will obtain a Ph.D. degree in chemistry-related disciplines from reputable universities at home and abroad;
- 2、Strong practical skills and good English listening, speaking and reading skills;
- 3、Hardworking and down-to-earth with team spirit;
- 4、Motivated and interested in chemical research;
- 5、Preference will be given to candidates with a background in organic synthesis, supramolecular chemistry or catalysis.
2 Ph.D. students (entry spring or autumn 2024).
1、Excellent undergraduate and postgraduate students in chemistry and related disciplines;
2、A familiarity with the basic operations of organic synthesis, with good listening, speaking and reading skills in English;
3、Diligent, down-to-earth and a team player;
4、Motivated and interested in chemical research;
- Students who have not graduated from an English medium institution must have an IELTS score (with an overall score of not less than 6.5 and an individual score of not less than 6) or TOEFL score (with an overall score of not less than 85).
Please send your CV to [email protected] with your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line.