Scholarship: According to the school uniform standard
Degree: BS, MS, PhD
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Fall 2023
The main research interests of this (newly established) group include genomic data mining, bioinformatics software development and applications in disease research. The group has several research projects funded by the US federal government, foundations, state government, Canadian government, and Florida Atlantic University (FAU). The group has sufficient funding for research, and members can choose topics according to their individual interests and strengths. Due to the development needs, we are looking for full-awarded PhD students and postdocs in bioinformatics and computational genomics. The group has powerful computational resources (e.g., multiple high-capacity HPCs, storage space, etc.) and a large amount of case histology data (e.g., maximum ME/CFS patient multi-omics sequencing data). Group members have access to multifaceted research and career development opportunities. The new office environment is excellent and well-equipped. For more information about the group, please see the website: https://dllab.org. We warmly welcome students with high ambitions to join us!
- Computer Science – Data Science and Analytics Ph.D. Program
- Integrative Biology – Biomedical Science Ph.D. Program
- Complex Systems and Brain Sciences Ph.D. Program
- Integrative Biology – Neuroscience Ph.D. Program, Neuroscience Graduate Program
- Strong interest in genomic data analysis research, and relevant research or study experience
- Proficiency in using raw data analysis software packages for Linux environments for second- and third-generation sequencing, software development experience is a plus
- Research experience in analysis of transposable elements sequencing data is highly preferred
- To apply, please send a CV to [email protected] ; and include relevant research experience and study or career plans in the email.