Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow for translational research in the field of cancer biology and therapy. Ongoing studies are focusing on targeting ovarian cancer tumor microenvironment by conditionally replicative oncolytic virus and development of new agents targeting extrinsic and intrinsic apoptotic pathways.
- Develops experimental protocols, performs a variety of research experiments, and completes research projects efficiently.
- Organizes experimental data and publishes research findings in a timely manner.
- Maintains records of work performed including results and methodology
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan.
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Life or biomedical sciences
- A recent Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required.
- Qualified candidate should have related laboratory experiences in cellular and molecular biology, and/or animal cancer models.
- Experience with oncolytic virus and cancer immunotherapy is preferred.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Please send an accompanying CV to [email protected], For more information on Dr. Edward Wang’s research, please click https://www.cityofhope.org/edward-wenge-wang.